Canadian Armenian Community Services Centre
922 Progress Avenue, Toronto, ON M1G 3T5
Tel. 1 (833) HI BAREV (442-2738)
Barev Centre opens its doors to Canadian Armenian community
TORONTO, Ont., (September 30) — The Canadian Armenian Community Services Centre, known as Barev Centre, a non-profit organization, will launch on October 15, 2017 at the Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Lower Level in Toronto.
Barev, meaning “hello” in Armenian, founded by Rev. Archpriest Fr. Zareh Zargarian, the Parish Priest of Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church, serves the educational, cultural and social needs of the vibrant Canadian Armenian community that has established deep roots in Canada’s multicultural mosaic while embracing Canadian culture.
To usher this launch, Barev Centre, asks community members to visit www.barevcentre.com for more information and ways to get involved.
As the arc that bridges together the Canadian Armenian communities, Barev’s mission is to:
- Serve Canadian Armenians to connect with their roots and strengthen their sense of identity through cultural, educational and social programming.
- Foster an environment that connects Canadian Armenians to each other, their communities as well as public and private sectors partners.
- Enrich the experience of communities by creating opportunities for cultural learning and growth.
- Inspire a movement to reinforce the cultural identity and impact of Canadian Armenians.
- Create synergies with people and organizations across Canada and Armenia to leverage successful strategies and build stronger community ties.
The Centre creates a bridge between Canada and Armenia to establish a corridor for exchanging cultural, educational and business ideas, venues and events between the two countries.
Barev will incorporate already well-established programs of Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church, such as the St. Sahag and St. Mesrop Armenian Saturday School, Sassoun Dance Ensemble, Lousapem Theatre Group, Hayreniq, Golf Committee, annual Walkathon and many other youth and adult groups.
BAREV Centre’s Directors are:
Rev. Archpriest Zareh Zargarian, Founder and President
Levon Kaltakjian, Chairperson
Sarah Shahmuradyan, Director, Government Relations and Grants, Secretary
Armineh Boyadjian, Director, Educational Programs and Treasurer
Avak Garibyan, Director, Social Media
Vahe Kandaharian, Director, Mass Media
Ani Sarvarian, Director, Cultural Programs
Sevag Avakian, Director, Youth Outreach
About Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church
Dating its roots in Toronto back to 1928, the Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church is a busy and vibrant parish. Under the leadership of Parish Priest, Rev. Archpriest Zareh Zargarian, the church has served as a uniting force for Canadian Armenians.
The educational, cultural and social activities of the church continue their active and vibrant work under Barev Centre. Volunteers are always welcome to register and join Barev’s team.